Friday, November 14, 2008

Sprayed me and with dust and rocks

Well its been a while since the last update so I thought I should pull my finger out and use it for some typing. I've been keeping busy doing a bit for Mercedes Benz, commercial shots, real estate stuff as well as some nice portrait sessions but its good to be back in the gravel. This weekend is the last round for the 2008 Australian rally championship. We are all at the Coffs Coast Rally in northern New South Wales. It's my local round compared to all the others as it's just a quick 2 hour drive up the Pacific Hwy from home.

Neil Bates & Coral Taylor in their Toyota S2000 are unbackable favourites to win the championship as they only need to finish in the top 16 in leg 1 to clinch it. Its been a while between drinks for Neil & Coral and it will be good to see then win. Other drivers to keep an eye out for are British rally champion Guy Wilks back in the Honda Type R, Dowell in his Evo, Eli Evans in his Subaru and his big brother Simon in the other Toyota S2000.

Speaking of Simon, today was shakedown and after some heavy rain yesterday the stage was not too bad dust wise but the temp started to rise 30c and it started to dry out. I was shooting the cars coming around a fast sweeping corner from down low on the outside of the corner. I do like to be able to see under the cars in a shot. All of the cars came around fairly tight but not Simon. He obviously saw me, drifted out wide and sprayed me and with dust and rocks. You certainly know who your friends are! It was not a bad shot though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sports Blogs - Blog Top Sites