Friday, June 20, 2008

Cars with a bit of air!

Queensland, beautiful one day perfect the next. I've just popped up to the Sunshine Coast to shoot The Australian rally Championships Rally Queensland. Only a quick 750kms up the Pacific Highway from home but I did not take into account all the roadworks. I should have known it was going to be one of those trips when I sat in a traffic jam for 20 minutes just waiting to leave Port Macquarie and get on the highway! It took 2 hours longer than getting to Rally Canberra the same distance away and I had to drive through Sydney as well for that.

This morning was shakedown & media rides around an interesting track in the Nambour Showgrounds. It was good to see Darren Windus back in the S2000 Ford Fiesta. That means we have 4 Super 2000 cars roaring around the bush and they sound just awesome. Hopefully Swart in the S2000 VW Polo will be a bit more on the pace.

We have an night special stage with a couple of jumps tonight and our first stage tomorrow has a great jump on it. I do like seeing cars with a bit of air! Tomorrow is going to be tough day as I have to drive back to Port Macquarie after the days stages to shoot a surfing competition that starts at 7.00am on Sunday! Thank god for Red Bull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sports Blogs - Blog Top Sites