Sunday, August 12, 2007

And now for something completely different

And now for something completely different.
I have just been down to Tasmania yet again, although not for cars this time but be part of the team shooting the Australian Secondary School Swimming Championships at the Hobart Aquatic Centre. With over 400 competitors from all over the country it was a showcase of the next generation of Ian Thorpes and Susie O'Neils. In fact one of the records broken during the event was held by the Thorpedo.

Conditions were far from perfect as we struggled for light. We couldn't use flash so were nearly always shooting at 800 iso or more! Because of the huge temperature difference between the 9c outside, cooled by the snow on Mount Wellington, and the humid 30c inside caused by lots of very fit 13-19 year olds, it took quite a while for the gear to stop misting up as well.

But after shooting over 4000 images in 3 days I was very pleased with the results and I certainly didn't have to worry about eating dust or dodging low flying rocks.The only downside is seeing all these super fit young athletes is that I felt decidedly old and overweight so I must go on a diet! I think I'll start it tomorrow as I've too many pics to edit today so lets order pizza!

The images you see here are a few of my favourites.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sports Blogs - Blog Top Sites